Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ultrasound Update

I have updated info (sooner than expected on the 23rd.)  I called the doctor about getting another blood-test (for hCG levels) before next Tuesday…  My doctor, Dr. Jean-Baptise  and her nurse don’t work today, so another nurse worked with another doctor and they called me around 2:20pm and asked if I could get in for an ultrasound at 3:50pm TODAY.  They pulled some kind of string because the techs at this center (last I heard) didn't want do do an ultrasound until it was at least 6 weeks...  However, my doctor's office believes that once the levels have reached at least 2000, some type of development is expected to be seen using high resolution vaginal ultrasound...  Anyway they got me in...

I had to gulp down water right before, which I HATE doing... and then it made me freezing cold (I have issues with circulation.)  So during the u/s I was literally shaking the whole time.

I had the nicest tech, who talked through "our story" and the Haiti piece, etc...  When she got to the picture (I could see on the screen) she said - "looks like there is a little munchkin in there."  And then we both saw the heartbeat.  She said the yolk sac looks good as well as the gestational sac (for right now anyway.)  She was very positive with it all...  but I remain cautiously optimistic...  honestly, I am still numb and without much feeling right now.  I know there is a long road to go and I have had so many issues at this point before...   the heartbeat was around 96, which she said was a bit low, but not to be concerned.  She walked me out and asked if she could give me a hug - very sweet, as I needed to let out some sort of emoption at that point.  I sort of felt very alone in all of this today.

So, I don't know what happens from here.  I imagine I will be monitered a lot, given my history.  But I need to call my OB/GYN tomorrow.

No comments: