Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ultrasound #2

I will preface this email in saying part of me doesn’t even want to post updates or information regarding this pregnancy.  I am still very much in the mode of not really believing this is going to turn out positive.  That doesn’t mean I don’t HOPE or  believe in miracles… I just have a hard time investing emotions into something that has been caused so much pain in the past.  And obviously not sharing this with anyone but a handful of friends/family.

However, I consider myself a “realist” so the facts are what they are… and as of today, the little blob is 5mm (up from 2mm last Thursday.)  And the heartbeat is at 120bpm (up from 96 last Thursday.)

I need to call my doctor's office today and see what they want me to do next - I haven't even seen her at this point (just ultrasound techs.)  We tried to stop in there after the ultrasound this morning (mostly just to have her meet Samuel…  my OB/GYN is Haitian and has wanted to meet him since he arrived home!)  But unfortunately she was in surgery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this. i get nervous when i don't hear from you now :( i am trying to be here right beside you..i know you are holding on to each moment with this. i hope you see your doctor soon--it always helps.
cathleen