Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Results: Doctor Appt. #2 (OB/GYN)

I just got back from the OB/GYN and we have decided on a d&c. I am thankful she was supportive of whatever we needed/wanted to do (as opposed to pushing me toward the misoprostol meds.) Joe and I talked about it today and we felt like we really wanted to have the genetic testing done and going through the d&c was really the best shot of doing this. I think when you have been down the infertility road that we have, every piece matters - to help complete the puzzle. She also understood our situation (that we both have this week off) and told us she would see what she could do to fit us in ASAP.

So, the office just called and I will have the "surgery" at 12:30pm tomorrow… I have to be there at 10:30am, surgery is at 12:30pm, surgery will last around 30 minutes and I should be released about 2 hours later... So - long day.

It was a tough day, even though I knew it was coming… I guess nothing prepares you for definitive failure.

But I really enjoyed our visit with Dr. Jean-Baptiste. We probably spent 1/2 of the appt. just talking about her experience growing up in Haiti, the history and how it has changed. I am just thrilled she is my doctor and hope one day she will get to deliver our baby; one day. And I hope that she will be able to meet Chancelet and share stories about Haiti with him when he is older. I really, really like her (as did Joe when he met her today.)

No comments: