Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Results: Doctor Appt. #1

I had my ultrasound at 8am this morning. We went to a clinic that specializes in ultrasounds, so they had really good equipment. They took a lot of pictures, and it was pretty clear what the outcome was going to be, as Joe and I watched each new view appear on the monitor. There was enough of a mass to measure and there was a yolk sac, etc... but no heartbeat.

The doctor came in and shared the results... the yolk sac was starting to deteriorate, no heartbeat --- probably was at ~6 weeks. "I am very sorry," he said.

So my OB/GYN appt. is at 4pm... I guess we will see what the next steps are from here. I wish it were tonight, so it was all said & done and I knew what the rest of my "spring break" would hold. Not a fun day (even though it was not a surprise... I guess you always keep "hope" in the back of your mind.)


No comments: