Thursday, March 26, 2009

Post Surgery Day


Thanks for the email and prayers we have received from everyone! Your words means so much and I am thankful for all of your love & support.

I made it through the day yesterday (it was long: we arrived at 10:30am and we didn’t leave the hospital until 4:30pm.) But the doctor said all went according to plan and I should be on the road to getting better now. I think my favorite part of the day was when one of the nurses took time to say a very meaninful prayer with Joe and I; pretty amazing to have someone do that these days, and I felt like it was God's way of talking to us and reassuring us that He was there. She told us of her infertility & adoption experiences, which meant a lot.

When we arrived home, there was a lovely bouquet of yellow daisies on our porch (from my in-laws.) They made my heart smile, as they cheerfully waiting for me to get home.

I am doing okay – last night I just spend time recovering on the sofa with pills, cranberry juice and saltines… probably will be able to be a bit more mobile today.

No picture updates on Chancelet yet, which really made me sad. They are having some delays due to some planning they are doing around a visit to another orphanage, so I think that is what is holding the updates up… Frustrating given we were expecting them a week ago, but I am sure there is a good reason. Just hard to deal with when you are on this end of things.

No comments: