Friday, June 15, 2007

To Test Or Not To Test... That Is The Question

I told myself this time was going to be different…

  • No working out… (You cannot even imagine how difficult this is for me!)
  • No smoking (oh wait, I am not a smoker.)
  • And last… No home pregnancy testing early…

But here I sit on a Friday afternoon wondering if I should just make a quick run to the store and get a pregnancy test. This 2-week wait is so painfully long. And if I do it, and it comes up negative, then all hope is not lost (just most hope…) And then, I will be better prepared for that phone call (the one I have gotten so used to) after the blood test on Monday saying “sorry… not this time.”

So, I mean… what is the real drawback to taking the test? Disappointment, I suppose, but why delay that until Monday? And if by some crazy slim chance I actually does come back with a positive, then I guess there is more chance for major disappointment if it is a false positive for some reason.

So frustrating…

Oh, BTW – my read-end is completely black and blue. I would take a picture for you, but that probably wouldn’t be appropriate for a BLOG. J Just trust me when I say it is many shades of blue and purple… and it HURTS!

1 comment:

bcwilkins said...

Jill, I am still praying really hard. You are such a brave person. If you decide to do the early test I hope you share with us. Love MOM #2