Tuesday, June 07, 2011

6/6 Doctor Appt. Update

I had my regular checkup yesterday...  Joe was able to go too, which is always comforting.

Heartbeat:  ~ 130 (on track)
Belly Measurement:  34cm (right on track)
No protein found in my urine (good news)
Blood pressure:  117/78 (good)

She is pleased with the progress and felt good about his size, etc...  She still thinks I need to gain more weight though.  SIGH - I am seriously trying!  I think I have eaten more ice cream, cheese and pork tenderloin the past month, than I have in 5 years!  :-)

She did a quick ultrasound to see how he was positioned - he has his head down right now, which is good news.  But unfortunately right now, he is faced the wrong way (his face should be toward my back.)  She isn't overly concerned at this point, as we still have a lot of time... but just wanted me to be aware.  This position could cause a lot of pain and a very lengthy birthing process.  So I would appreciate prayers about this one...

Other than that - I am doing okay.  Things are definitely getting uncomfortable at this point - it's hard to sit in a cubicle all day long.  He spends a lot of time kicking my right rib and it feels pretty bruised at this point.  Joe gave me another gift of a home-massage on Sunday, which was so nice!  The woman does a great job and I am so thankful he has set these up for me!  We are thinking of maybe doing one more...  :-)

No comments: