Monday, June 20, 2011

6/20 Update

Well - I had a rough weekend.  On Friday something changed - in my lower abdomen and the pain was constant.  We had a breastfeeding class on Saturday morning, and I got though that okay, but by Saturday evening, I ended up calling the hospital.  

The nurses said it was best to just come in and get checked out.  So we went at 7:30pm (with Samuel in tow) to the labor & delivery floor.  We were there around and hour (so not too bad) and we were both glad we went in, as they were able to check things out for me (including making sure the baby heartbeat was okay, since I hadn't been feeling him move around.)  I was also on a monitor and having some contractions, but only dilated 1.5cm, which is pretty normal for this time.  But I was really dehydrated (after they checked my urine sample) and still had some protein in my urine, so I will talk with my doctor later this week.  They sent me home with a sleeping pill, which was nice.  

We are "thinking" or hoping that maybe he is turning and or dropping down - which is causing the pain.  But it is a constant pain that is really impacting my ability to walk and stuff...  going to be a long month ahead (if I make it that long.)  Work is going to be a struggle, but I am really trying to buckle down and just get through it the best that I can.

No comments: