Genetics Results and a regular doctor’s appt. today
We went all day yesterday, hoping we might get a call from the genetics counselor with the amniocentesis “rapid” results (just a partial result, but includes Downs) However, when 5pm hit, I knew we would be waiting another day.
So when an “unknown” call came in on my cell phone at 9:02am, I knew that was it… I scrambled to get up from my desk and head to a quiet room. I was pretty anxious. But when Karen said “Hi Jill I have some good news for you” – I felt so much relief. She said the Down Syndrome came back negative, as well as Trisomy 18. So now we just need to wait for the other results to be sure all other issues are in the clear (another week or so.) But she said this is all very good news and we are in the clear for those items.
I also asked if she could definitively give gender results with the data she had… she said that she could do that and that it definitely has X and Y chromosomes, which makes that a BOY. So now we know for sure.
I called Joe with the news and then headed straight to my regular doctor’s appt…
The doctor was able to review the ultrasound results with me. She said all organs were located and look good for measurements, etc… and she said everything is tracking and looks to be on target for the due date (size and weight-wise.) She was glad that I had done the amnio and had received the results back this morning… she is very happy for us with all the positive news to-date. She also listened to the heartbeat, which was around 160 bpm today (always good to hear it!)
So... I guess we are breathing some sighs of relief now. That was a big hurdle, mentally… more so than I probably realized.
3 comments:
HUGE HUGE HUGE grins here and a hugx10. Prayers going out for you to carry this baby to term with no complications. Love you, Jill.
Good news! Congrats on another boy! Samuel's gonna love that! Enjoy the next 20 weeks. Well at least the next ten. I found the last ten pretty uncomfortable! Heidi
fantastic news! so happy for you!
C
Post a Comment