It has been a rollercoaster of a morning…
Joe took ½ a day off today so he could go to my doctor’s appt today (I was so thankful he could do that.) We got Samuel dropped off at school and then he dropped me off at work, while he did a little Christmas shopping… He was to pick me up at 9:30am.
So, I decided to go to the bathroom before he picked me up. I was shocked when I saw that I was bleeding a bit… I had literally just walked out of the bathroom when Joe called to say he was waiting in the parking lot… I got in the car feeling completely numb – everything about bleeding says “BAD” in my mind. And by the time I got to the doctor’s office, I was in tears. Joe and I hardly said a word the whole way there.
When the nurse called my name, I was crying (trying to contain myself, but you know how your mind takes off sometimes) and when I told her what happened she told us not to worry until we got past the exam… she took my vitals and then we waited for my doctor.
So when Dr. Jean-Baptiste came in, she already knew what was going on…. We had to work through the normal background questions/process and she did a PAP and checked my overall health.
We then FINALLY got to the ultrasound.
Joe and I were staring at the screen, holding our breath… and then we saw the heartbeat. She turned up the volume so we could hear it; she said it was about 170bpm. And then we actually saw it kicking its feet and moving its arms… she said it was quite an active little thing for 9.5 weeks (in a good way.) She said she didn’t see any clotting or other areas of concern. We also talked through genetics testing (blood-work) options.
But, she said until we hit 12 weeks or so, we all need to be “reserved and continue to pray.” she wants me to come back on December 29th (she will be on vacation, but will have me see another doctor.) And then again on January 14th (which is more frequent than the normal cadence - and I am thankful for that...) She said to add vitamin D and fish oil to my pill regimen.
I then went up to a lab and had some blood-work done, and we headed back to work. I think we both are feeling a bit shaken up and uneasy right now… but also relieved. It is so hard to relax given my history... every day we get through is a miracle to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment