Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12/29 Update (11.4 weeks)

Short version: 
All seems to be moving along as it should

Long version: 
We saw a doctor who is covering for Dr. Jean-Baptiste today.  I liked her - she was nice.  We didn't have a lot to discuss, but she did let me know that all my previous labs +PAP came back normal, so that was good.  And she used the little hand-held heartbeat monitor...  The heartbeat was strong and was about 180bpm (we could hear it really well.)

I was also scheduled for the sequential screen this coming Tuesday (done at the other building with the good ultrasound equipment.)  They combine this with bloodwork and are able to get early information for birth defects like Downs and Trisomy 18 (they do this for "advanced age" women.)   They advised me that the appointment will take 2 hours - good grief!

So... that's that.  Both Joe and I are still feeling like this isn't happening. 
One day at a time... 

After the appointment we went out to lunch, which was really nice.  It's rare we are "sans Samuel" (he is at school today) and able to get away - especially during the day, given we are usually at work.

I guess my next update will be on Tuesday evening... 

No comments: