Thursday, December 16, 2010

12/16 PM Update

I met with the doctor-of-the-day – she was very nice, pleasant and showed care/concern.  She said I absolutely did the right thing by calling this morning.  She did a quick check on me and then told me her preference would be to send me to the ultrasound place (different building, with really good equipment) so that they could look for any abnormalities and/or see areas of concern.  She also said she wanted me to go in for another blood draw so we could start tracking my HCG levels again.  She did let me know that from my blood work yesterday, my type came back A+, which means I don’t need to worry about getting the shot for Rh incompatibility.  (On a side note:  I can’t believe with all I have been through in the past that I didn’t know/remember my blood type!)

So…  I went over to the ultrasound place and they got me right in (clearly the doc has “pull” as it usually take me 2-3 weeks to get scheduled!)  Anyway, the technician did the ultrasound and we immediately spotted the heartbeat, which was at about 179bpm.  And the little legs/arms were moving around too…  it measured about 3.15cm.  She looked all around for bleeding or other issues, and she said that it might be a vessel that broke, but nothing seemed like a huge red flag to her.  She was very happy to leave me with this picture and some good news.

I then went and had my blood drawn (by the same woman as yesterday, who wondered why I had to endure 2 days in a row of this…)  

Another roller coaster morning.  I am not sure my heart/head can continually go through these “scares.” 
I am tired out.

The doctor should call this afternoon, just to confirm things are really “ok” for now…

No comments: