Kristie's Baby!
My friend Kristie called yesterday to let me know she had a healthy baby girl on! I was so excited for her and have been praying them. I am excited to meet the new addition to their family! Kris and I go way back; from kindergarten through college, and I consider her my anchor.
I know that it's hard for my friends to share "baby" things with me. And I will admit it's hard emotionally at times, but that doesn't take away from my excitement and happiness for them. I am just honestly glad they don't have to go through the hassle of IVF. I guess with 7 close friends, you had to figure that at least one of us would have infertility problems - that's the statistics of it all.
Cori:
Cori brought tears to my eyes with her offer to be a surrogate for us. I mean I was honestly overwhelmed. To have someone who isn’t related offer this up was incredible. Words can't express my gratitude for this selfless offer of both she and her husband. I am not sure where I stand with surrogacy yet, but more than the actual act right now, her gift of words meant the world to me.
My Sister, Christy:
My sister is also giving thoughts to surrogacy. I also cannot explain the feelings that surround these considerations. So, I guess I will start by saying thank you to her, for taking this so seriously, and for really thinking things through. I wouldn’t want it any other way. We are doing the same on our end. I have done quite a lot of research on it and of course there are good/bad stories everywhere. I think the key is to be praying and allowing His will to happen (whatever that turns out to be.) It’s hard to know what steps to take, but I am honestly asking for Him to help me along the way. These are mega life issues.
In the Meantime...
We are still waiting to hear about being accepted into the shared risk program. If we are, then this will take some pressure off, as we will have more cycles to attempt (using my broken parts.) And we would hope to have some success along the way.
1 comment:
I'm wishing you a lot of luck as you work towards that baby. :)
Post a Comment