Had my 28-week appointment with Dr. Thum today. We talked over several issues (I came prepared with a list this time!)
Summary of the appt:
- She is measuring a bit small (belly measurements.) So I am to get another growth ultrasound for size measurements (working on getting that scheduled now.) Dr. Thum was originally going to wait a few weeks to do this, but given things are on the smaller side, she wants to compare against the last one. She just wants to keep a close eye on me, given the history.
- My Protein level was +1, so that was sent off to the lab for further testing… again, signs of “potential” preeclampsia, but my blood pressure is fine, so nothing alarming at this point.
- Had the “glucose challenge screen test” done today. This is intended to identify gestational diabetes. You basically consume a glucose drink in under 5-minutes and then wait 1 hour to have blood taken. The stuff made me sick to my stomach and I didn’t enjoy the process. I don’t remember feeling quite that bad after the test with Luke.
No comments:
Post a Comment