The appointment today took 2.5 hours - I had no idea I would be gone that long (didn't remember that.) I had more genetics counseling, a ton of ultrasound baby measurements (which I thought was to take place on January 24th), and the amniocentesis. I walked in the door after the appointment, with one minute left to spare, for an important meeting at work. WHEW!
The amnio itself was “textbook” the doctor said… no issues (except for the fact that it hurts to have a long needle stuck in your stomach!) :-) But I felt so relieved and thankful that it went smoothly...
Anyway, here are the latest details:
- Measurements are within 1 day of the forecasted due date of June 13th
- Heartbeat = 156
- I could clearly see all 4 chambers of the heart - pretty amazing!
- And... from what it appears, we are having a GIRL.
Joe and I went out to dinner tonight and opened the envelope which had the ultrasound picture showing the sex. Joe has been guessing a girl, I have been pretty sure it would be a boy. We TRULY were fine either way, so there was certainly no disappointment! We are feeling very blessed by the news.
I won’t have the final amnio results for about one week – which will give us 99.9 accuracy on the genetic issues.
Out to dinner: Envelope with the results!
FACE! :-)
THE BIG NEWS: A GIRL!











2 comments:
Great News. We are sooooo thrilled for you. (and us too). Boys are nice, but girls are sweet.
Oh yay!!! :). And again .... Yay!!!!
Post a Comment