Monday, November 26, 2012

11/26: Another Doc Visit

I woke up this morning so frustrated, as I was bleeding again… 
We took Samuel to school, but Luke was a mess – with his lungs and croup, so we already knew we had to figure something out.

These things cause me so much stress because I was supposed to be flying to San Jose for some important meetings this week.  But with my bleeding and Luke’s sickness, Joe had to make a fast decision to take another day off of work, while I was waiting on the phone to see about getting in to see a doctor.  

They could see me at 8:30am, which meant Joe wasn’t going to be able to get back in time to watch Luke.  So, I had to go across to the neighbor and ask if we could “borrow” their nanny to watch Luke.  They were more than accommodating, but I felt bad.

Anyway – bleeding continued.

The doctor I saw was nice.  He walked me through the probable cause of the bleeding, but wanted to check with the ultrasound.  He would see the placenta was still attached and there was no blood around it.  But he could see some pockets in the uterine walls that were bleeding, which he said isn’t “ideal” but it’s not bad news.  And we saw a very active little baby…

I am to take it easy for 2 weeks – and if the bleeding continues, the 2 weeks starts over.  I see the ultrasound people on Thursday for the sequential screening, which he said was perfect, given they can check more closely for the bleeding issues.

So here I am at home…  working but home.  But very stressed about the job situation.  Missing work – critical F2F meetings is not good.

No comments: