Thursday, February 03, 2011

2/3 Update (not a lot of news...)

I know some of you have been checking this blog to see if there have been any updates...  So I thought I would write some quick thoughts down, even though I don't know much of anything new.
  • My next appt. with my doctor is on February 16th - but that is just a normal checkup, no ultrasound or anything. 
  • Then on February 25th, I have the 20-week appt., at the other place (where they have good equipment.)  They will do an ultrasound and check for growth, abnormalities and the sex of the baby.  Joe will be able to go with me for this appointment, so that is good.  I think we have decided to have them mark a card (regarding the sex) and then go out to dinner and open it that night.
I am still taking this one day at a time...  not getting overly excited or allowing myself to think much about things.  I just had a friend tell me that he and his wife lost their baby at 5 months, so you just never know.

There are some practical things we have to consider though...  daycare plans (preparing financially), what to do about adoption #2, etc...  So we are working through all of that right now.  We have the complete approvals to move ahead with our Haiti adoption #2 (not normal when pregnant, but they are making an exception.)  But we are still praying about everything right now.  It seems Haitian adoption "might" be moving along faster and they are just concerned about the timing of it all.  But maybe this is when you give it to God?  I don't know...

I am not really showing yet.  I can tell there is a bump there (and I feel the changes), but no one else can (well, maybe when I am buck naked, but I don't happen to walk around like that!)  :-)  I haven't told anyone at work or our friends (other than those of you reading this.)  I am not sure what is going to prompt me to do that - maybe when I just can't hide it anymore?  I guess am just in no rush to share the news...

All for now...  thanks for your love, support and continued prayers!

No comments: