I just got a call regarding the Down Syndrome and Trisomy part of the test… At this point I am still sort of processing it in my mind.
Trisomy 18: Odds came back 1:10,000, so really no risk there.
Down Syndrome: Odds came back 1:28. Anything above 1:50 would come back “TEST POSITIVE”, which means they can offer amniocentesis or the CVS test to confirm with accuracy. I also have the 2nd blood screen scheduled in early February which might give us more info.
Hmm… not sure how I am feeling. Typically 3.5% odds for something would seem pretty low to me – very low risk. But in this case, it does make me step back and take a breath. But getting either an amniocentesis or the CVS done also presents miscarriage odds of about 1%. And with my history, I am not excited about self-inducing any issues.
I guess Joe and I will discuss next steps – on whether to test further. I am not sure the risk is worth the peace-of-mind or not. It won’t change the outcome of our path - we will love this baby no matter what. Will keep you posted.
2 comments:
You are my hero.
You are my hero.
Post a Comment