I guess I haven't written in awhile... I had a bunch of work travel this month and have been consumed with other happenings around me.
However, I did meet with my OHSU doctor a couple weeks ago. He says next steps would be to go through a frozen cycle, use assisted hatching and implant 3 embryos. I figured something like that would be coming... I think he was pretty disappointed it didn't take, as things were really "ideal."
So, I guess we are sort of taking a break. With all that I have going on (I just resigned after 12.5 years at Intel and am starting a new job next week.... call me crazy, because I think I just may be!) I just have had to put the IVF decisions aside for the time being. And of course that is a tough thing to do, given I do have a finite amount of time to pull off actually getting pregnant... :-(
But this is the exact reason it is so hard to be a woman with a career AND having infertility issues. Very complicated. And I certainly never anticipated being in this situation in life...
However, we are also done with 90% of our adoption paperwork now... We are going through and international adoption agency in Seattle. So, we are going to see where that takes us. By no means are we done trying on our own, but we also know that adoption is something we have always left on the plate as an option...
It's sort of like - try everything and see where God takes us. I honestly don't know how else to do this because things just aren't happening in obvious ways. So... here we are, in our holding pattern.
1 comment:
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment