We have a new plan; I can feel the hope coming to life in me once again. I can’t appropriately describe the emotions this process evoked in the span of 4 days.
We have decided to move forward with the “shared risk” program, allowing 3 fresh cycles, and 3 frozen cycles (with a 70% refund if you don’t have a live birth.) So, maybe that will take the stress levels down on feeling like “this one has to work.”
I talked with my doctor, infertility coordinator & the shared risk program reps today and at least feel a bit better with some of the questions I had. I think we are also going to see about acupuncture treatment, as there are many who think that has benefits. The doctor is a bit concerned about me, as I was a “slow responder” this last attempt, which he says means I may have poor egg quality. L But he said there was certainly no reason to give up hope, and many people who have been in my shoes are successful. He will change my protocol a bit and see what he can do.
I can’t imagine going through so many cycles again (medications, shots, leaving work, blood work, etc..) but I know MANY people have walked this path before me and made it out just fine. I CAN DO THIS… (Though if you knew how much I cringe at the thought of more blood being taken & shots…) However, if I get a kid out of it in the end, it’s well-worth it.
So, I have to go in for my DAY 3 blood work this Saturday (they need my readings for the shared risk program.) I will also go on the pill, which means I am quickly finding myself “back-in-the-saddle” for a December re-do. (We are going for a fresh cycle and hopefully can store up some more eggs to keep my other 2 company.)
I will map out my protocol with my coordinator on Monday… “should” be harvesting and implant the week before Christmas, assuming they can speed up my development this time around.
I still feel horrible about my two little eggs that didn’t make it…
No comments:
Post a Comment